Pupil Premium refers to the £1,320 school receives for any pupil who is eligible for free school meals (or has been within the last 6 years). There is also additional funding available for children who are looked after and children with parents in the armed forces. To find out more about pupil premium and to see if your child could be eligible, click here. Alternatively follow this link to apply directly to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
At Melbourne Community Primary School:
- we ensure that all teaching is good or better and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils
- we ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- in making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- we also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate pupil premium to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged
- pupil premium funding is allocated following a needs analysis which identifies priority classes, groups or individuals.
Pupil Premium Budget for 2020/21
The amount to be received by the school in Pupil Premium funding for the academic year 2020-2021 is £13820 (including looked after and post looked after pupils).
The Pupil Premium Grant Expenditure intention statement and policy for the school year 2020-2021 can be downloaded below.
Mrs Joanna Whelan is our pupil premium link governor.