Class Teacher (Early Years Foundation Stage)
Work pattern: 0.4 (ideally Tuesday and Wednesday)
Salary MPS1-6 (dependant on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our talented and committed team as a class teacher within our highly regarded Early Years Unit.
Melbourne Primary School is part of the Wolds Learning Partnership Academy Trust. As a family of schools with shared values, we believe we can provide the best education for children in our care by working together to develop best practice, whilst retaining our own unique ethos.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated colleague who would thrive on the opportunity to develop their experience and make a significant contribution to school life in and out of the classroom.
Successful candidates will:
- Can evidence consistently exemplary classroom practice.
- Fully embrace our school values.
- Have the potential to develop further as an outstanding practitioner - our children deserve nothing less!
- Be committed to collaborative working.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support pupils, staff and parents; with flair; sensitivity and with consistently high expectations.
- Possess the drive and determination to ensure our pupils receive a first class educational experience.
We can offer you:
- The chance to join a supportive and forward thinking teaching and learning community.
- A hard working and dedicated team of like-minded individuals.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the future of our school.
- Amazing children who are well behaved, happy and proud of their school.
- A staff team that are committed to ensure all pupils achieve their potential.
- A commitment and support to your professional development
Melbourne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Friday 4th February 2022
Short listing: Friday 4th February 2022
Interview date: W/C 7th February 2022
To access the application pack please go to www.melbourneprimary.org.uk, click on ‘News and Events’, then ‘Vacancies’. Please return application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Teaching Assistant - CLOSING DATE - Midnight 23rd January 2022
- To commence as soon as possible.
- Initial temporary contract until end of summer term 2022
- 0.6 FTE
Melbourne Primary School seeks to appoint an experienced (Level 2), enthusiastic, committed teaching assistant to work alongside a dedicated and caring team of staff. The successful candidate will predominantly work alongside and support children of all abilities in the classroom.
The successful candidate will need to:
- have an excellent understanding of child development and how children learn best,
- have an indepth knowledge of additional learning needs,
- have patience and a wealth and breadth of success working with children,
- have an understanding of inclusion and demonstrate a range of behaviour strategies, and
- have excellent communication, record keeping and interpersonal skills.
- it is also desirable to be ELSA (emotional literacy support) trained or be willing to train in this role.
Melbourne Primary School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school is equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For details on how to apply, please contact the school office.